Developing Clean Vinyl™ Technology (CVT)
What was our inspiration?
Len-Tex was inspired to meet the same stringent standards as found in children’s and medical products, i.e. the federal ban on phthalates. Committed to social and environmental responsibility, Len-Tex saw an opportunity to develop a better wallcovering, and created Clean Vinyl™ Technology.
The benefits of Clean Vinyl™ Technology
Why use Len-Tex Wallcoverings with CVT?
- Improved indoor air quality – no hazardous chemicals
- Socially responsible option
- Documented product transparency
- Same competitive pricing
- Contributes to LEED Low Emitting EQ 4.2
Is our Clean Vinyl™ Technology really all we say?
- Complies with phthalate restrictions of California Prop 65
- Passes CA 01350 and CHPS standard
- SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certified
- NSF/ANSI 342 Certified for sustainability
- Complies with W-101 wallcovering standard
- Meets EU standard EN 15102 for Decorative
Why the concern?
Most people spend 90% of their time indoors. Poor indoor air quality can be caused by excessive emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Specification of wallcoverings has an impact on indoor air quality.
Concerning EPA-listed chemicals
Which have we removed from our wallcoverings?
- Phthalates (endocrine disruptors)
- Heavy metals – Antimony, Arsenic, Barium (carcinogens)
- Formaldehyde (carcinogen)
- Phenol (skin irritant)