The Buyer will be Responsible for the overall coordination of purchasing activities; including procurement of materials, vendor relationship maintenance, new vendor sourcing, and problem resolution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Procurement of Materials
- Ensure sufficient raw materials are on hand to meet production demands
- Monitor inventory levels and anticipate future needs
- Purchase related tools, equipment, machinery, services, and supplies as requested, including researching suppliers to maximize cost savings.
- Negotiation of pricing and delivery
- Vendor relationship management
- Sourcing and qualification of new vendors as required for new and existing product lines
- Ongoing evaluation of vendor reliability, service, and quality.
- Negotiates claims for defective raw materials
- Enters Purchase Orders; issues releases from P.O.’s.
- Development of policies and procedures consistent with company purchasing goals.
- Other assigned duties as required
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Requires a degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, or Purchasing
- Solid organization and communication skills
- Able to work with little to no supervision and achieve corporate goals
- Strong writing skills
- Previous manufacturing experience a must
- Auditing experience helpful
Job Type: Full-time
Experience in Print Manufacturing preferred